The German Association of Conference Interpreters, known by its German abbreviation VKD, represents Germany’s professional conference interpreters. We currently have over 700 members and are a member association of the German Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators (BDÜ). The VKD has five main objectives:
- Defining and ensuring compliance with the highest quality standards
- Promoting training and CPD for members
- Supporting recently qualified conference interpreters
- Encouraging professional debate
- Supporting potential clients in finding qualified professional conference interpreters
If you have questions on our work, are planning an event involving conference interpreters or want to become a member, please get in touch! We are happy to assist you in any matter relating to conference interpreters.